Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:09:20 -0700
From:      "alex huppenthal" <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Thanks for the info about php4 - cgi - new question Java?

Okay, so call me a dummy. *s

The cgi-bin version of php4, built without the apache mod --options creates
a nice executable I can use for my crontab scripts.
That works! Thanks to all who replied.

Next problem. A developer want Java2 Release 1.3 (can't they just call it
Java 2.3? )

Is there a jdk port for FreeBSD at that level?

Is anyone tracking the state of the art for supporting Java developers on
FreeBSD?

Should I be posting to 'developers-Freebsd'?

Is linux-binaries the state of the art for FreeBSD. Given the wonderful
writeup in Byte magazine on the performance and stability of FreeBSD vs.
Linux, perhaps Sun would consider building a binary for FreeBSD?

I'd like that.

 AH