Date:      10 Jun 2002 18:17:22 +0200
From:      Lars Bungum <lars.bungum@copyleft.no>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gimp

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 16:02, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> > Mvh.bungum$tr [~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins] xsane
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgimpui.so.1" not found
> > Seems like the library is now called "libgimpui.so.2".  Is there anyway
> > I can resolve this?  When I link it in as a gimp plugin, Gimp simply
> > fails to load.
I checked out a recent copy of the ports tree and, with Gimp not
> installed, did (the equivalent of) "cd /usr/ports/graphics/xsane;make
> package clean" and didn't see that problem.  I'm guessing that you did
> something like:
> - long ago, installed Gimp and xsane
> - de-installed Gimp but not xsane
> - recently, installed a newer version of Gimp
> - recompiled, but did not reinstall, a newer version of xsane
> - tried to run your old xsane
> Try deinstalling xsane and installing the copy you just compiled.
> Perhaps then it will be linked to gimp libraries that actually exist.

I did try to deinstall, re-make, and reinstall xsane, but I am still
left with the same error message.

And yes - I just recompiled and reinstalled gimp successfully, after
having removed xview.  This means that my xsane is built on my recent
gimp build, but nevertheless ask for this non-existing library.  Maybe
something can be tweaked in the makefile?

--
Mvh.
Lars Bungum                                               <lb@cl.no>