Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:11:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Proett <proett@bayarea.net>
To:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cyrix machine

Hi,

I have a cyrix processor ...

CPU: Cyrix 486DX2 (486-class CPU)
  Origin = "CyrixInstead"  DIR=0x341b  Stepping=3 Revision=4

I have had a problem with my system hanging with a NMI.  I have
tried each simm separately and it hangs with each one by itself.
I don't think both could be bad.  I have started to play with
turning off the caches.  It seems to stay up with the internal
(on chip) cache disabled.  I noticed there are some settings
for CYRIX_CACHE_WORKS and CYRIX_CACHE_REALLY_WORKS in the
LINT config file.  These plus CPU_DIRECT_MAPPED_CACHE may
apply to my machine but I'd like to know a bit about them
before trying.  Is there documentaion anywhere?

Please reply via email.

Thanks,
Tom Proett