Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 14:53:11 +0200
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        pvl@nanoteq.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0 : device timeout

> Pierre Van Leeuwen stands accused of saying:
> > Hi
> >
> > I wrote to questions about this earlier, but that didn't solve my
> > problem.
> >
> > I get the following message :
> > ed0 : device timeout
>
> The ususal reasons for this are :
>
>  - you have an IRQ mismatch, in that the card is set to one value, and
>    the driver another.

That was the first thing I checked. I also checked all IRQ's on all devices --
no conflicts. Just now I removed the soundcard (OPTI chipset driver) and
my network card seems to be working.

Hate to mention this, but everything works ( M$-like ) fine under NT :(

Can it be that they share memory? I can't find out what the soundcard uses but
the network card is on 0xd8000. I think I'll just fiddle with that some more. Serves
me right for buying a cheap soundcard :)

pierre

--
Pierre van Leeuwen

E-mail : pvl@nanoteq.com