Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 05:28:22 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrecord with 3.0-CURRENT ...

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > 	Can someone tell me what this error means, when I'm trying to
> > write to my CDR?
> > %cdrecord -v blank=all
> > Cdrecord release 1.6 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jrg Schilling
> > TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> > cdrecord: Function not implemented. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
> > scsidev: '0,6,0'
> > scsibus: 0 target: 6 lun: 0
> > cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD-Recorder.
> > cdrecord: Undefined error: 0. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
> > CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
> > cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
> I get this when I don't run as root, but not the 'Function not implemented'
> stuff so I suspect its not that :)

After doing some peaking around, I figured out what was causing the
'Function not implemented' error message.  Seems that newer kernels
require the following options to be added, in order for the sched_* set of
functions to work...

options         "P1003_1B"
options         "_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING"
options         "_KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L"

cdrecord still doesn't appear to work, but at least I'm one step closer :(
I still get the 'Undefined error', even working as root, so if someone can
suggest what might have changed in the kernel to cause it to fail, where
it once worked, that would be much appreciated...

Thanks...

 Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org