Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:08:51 -0500
From:      sridharv@ufl.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X very slow

I have a machine with very modest hardware 32MB RAM and
500Mhz processor. My x sessions are very slow. So is my
browsing. Mozilla takes long time to load. I ran KDE
with Enlightenment and things were worse. I tried Gnome
with sawfish and things seem better.
I was using the same desktop env on this machine when I
was running linux and things were faster.Am I missing
something in configuration or sth? Is there any way to
track down the problem? or should I simply blame it on
hardware?
any help is appreciated..

The fastest way to change is to laugh at your own folly
- Who moved my cheese