Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 14:54:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        "Daniel M. O'Brien" <dmobrien@lucent.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Eric Chet <ejc@bazzle.com>
Subject:   Re: Updated patches for imap

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Daniel M. O'Brien wrote:

> Attached are hand massaged patches for the imap-uw port.  These will
> probably go down the same rat hole as the last email I sent you regarding
> the imap port.  At least I tried.  Enjoy.

DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T
DO NOT EVER _EVER_ SEND PATCHES TO ONE OF THE MAILING-LISTS AND
EXPECT THEM TO BE SAVED!!!!

We're very glad (!) to receive patches, or anything useful for
that matter, but there is no single group or individual
responsible for things posted to these mailing lists.  When
patches are posted, everyone looks at them and expects someone
else to do something about them.  Patches should be sent to
either the port maintainer, or, if the port maintainer is known
to be absent/non-responsive to email (such as the
freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG mailing list!!), they should be sent
via send-pr(1).  (See the handbook).

Imap-uw is one of the more annoying ports, and we're very happy
to have any help maintaining it.

In fact, would you be interested in volunteering as the
maintainer?

--
Only two other people have a .sig like this one.