Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:58:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver Question

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Doug White wrote:

> > Basically, is the 3C900 support mature enough to use in a live situation?
>
> It worked okay for me.  I had a lot of input and output errors, although I
> think this was linked to the cable I was using.
>
> The 3c900 has very little onboard cache; if this machine is going to be
> busy, you may not want to use this.

Ok, thanks for the response. <G>  Any recommendations then for PCI-based
cards?  Is the 3C905 (10/100) card better at all?  Or should I just stick
with my trusty 3C509's?

Or, perhaps, another manufacturer?  Have you heard much about the Intel
PCI Ethernet cards?

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.