Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:03:37 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        sepotvin@videotron.ca
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current dying horribly when using lp0

> > If you are serious about working on the PLIP code, may I suggest that
> > you try to separate it out and integrate with the ppbus code in
> > -current (/sys/dev/ppbus).  This is where development on the parallel
> > port is going.
>
>  If nobody else is currently working on that I'm willing to give it a try.

There's no active work going on, as far as I am aware.  I would suggest
having a look at the 'nlpt' driver to see how access to the bus is
arbitrated, and then start building the 'lp' driver as a separate
animal.

Please feel free to post questions about the process on -hackers or
direct to me.  I ought to get the ppbus mailing list back together
again, as there are a number of people very interested in this.

You might also want to check out the latest ppbus code, as there are
some changes in there that may be of use to you.