Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:33:54 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@matatabi.or.jp>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Japanese FAQ on the Web is broken

On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 01:05:31AM +0900, Makoto MATSUSHITA wrote:

> nik> Can you be more specific about the ones that aren't correct?
>
> Just a example: <URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/ja/FAQ/preface.html>;
>
> In Item 7 (What is the FreeBSD-stable concept?), ascii figure of the
> FreeBSD history is broken (Maybe indent characters are changed to
> unexpected characters).

OK, I see what you mean.  That's because the underlying text in the
document is wrong -- this is a hang over from the LinuxDoc to DocBook
conversion which hasn't been fixed yet.  If you look at the English
version you'll see the same problem, so this is nothing to do with the
English translation, per se.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>