Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:46:47 -0400
From:      Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@home.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, ler@lerctr.org, grog@lemis.com, Greg@fatcanary.com.au, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2 / 550

Joe Greco wrote:

> Ditto.  I'm slowly but surely dumping all my Intel Pentium stuff, plus most
> of my 486 or older stuff :-)  I've been using the ASUS P/I-P55T2P4, the
> venerable Triton II overclocker's board, which I've got a plethora of, and
> some P5A's.  My baseline systems are now K6/233's, ranging up to
> K6-III-400's (which still seem to be faster than their K6-2 higher speed
> counterparts).  Only using Intel for the SMP stuff now.  And on my laptop

 Is there a particular reason for going with the AMD's over Intel?  When
buying computers I have always stayed with the Intel CPU's because I
thought it was similar to Soundblaster vs. others: all the others say
they are "Soundblaster compatible" so why not buy the real thing?

[forgive me if this sounds naive but it has been a while since I have
bought a NEW computer]
--
Paul Murphy
http://members.home.com/pnmurphy/