Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 07:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/27383: Client NFS mount hangs with multihomed server

The following reply was made to PR kern/27383; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To: thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:00:52 +0100

 In message <20010517144846.A2498@geveor.cuivre.fr.eu.org>, Thomas Quinot writes
 :
 >Tried it, no change. I still end up with:
 >
 >    0  2445     1   0   2  0   388  240 sbwait D     p2    0:00.01 nfs infres2
 >.enst.fr:/home/ir1 /infres/ir1 (mount_nfs)

 Bah, I see the problem, and it affects -current too. The RPC library
 does not use connect() on UDP client sockets, so it will happily
 accept the remote nfsd's reply, even though it comes from the wrong
 address. The kernel NFS code does use connect(), so it can't see
 the replies.

 I'll have a look later to see how easy it would be to make the RPC
 library's behaviour in this area more controllable.

 Ian