Date:      Sun, 7 May 1995 01:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tiggie <kleung@frodi.cs.uop.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with installing XFree86-3.1.1

I am currently running FreeBSD SNAP<041295?> with XFree86-3.1.1.  I
checked into my /dev directory and did not find the tty00 device <is this
an example of what it should be>.  Then I did the command "dmesg|grep
sio" and the result were that sio0 and sio1 existed.  I also know my
mouse is connested to com1 when in DOS.  Doesn't that mean sio0 is the
device on my mouse?  Next I typed "sh /dev/MAKEDEV tty00", the command
ran with no errors, but the device tty00 did not appear with the "ls"
command.

Is this a command problem and is listed in a faq, would you please direct
me to it.  I have already read the README file on XFree86 3.1.1.

Many thanks for your help.  I am trying to configure the mouse, s3 chip
video card, and screen frequencies, and also get X running.

Kevin