Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 09:01:31 -0459 (CDT)
From:      "Boyd R. Faulkner" <faulkner@asgard.bga.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FPE in current via POVRAY, not in 2.1

I was playing with the port graphics/povray (Persistence of View, the
ray tracing program, and with /usr/local/lib/povray/scenes/level1/ballbox1.pov
I get an FPE very early on the the calculation.  The FPE occurs in texture.c
at line 324.  Bad things happen and I don't know why.  Failure is swift, a
mere ~10200 calls to the function.

This program works on the same hardware running 2.1.  It worked on current
a few months ago.  I just thought I would share my observation that something
is wrong.

Hardware is P100 on ASUS P/I-P55TP4N.

I invoke povray, thus.

povray +Iballbox1.pov +Oballbox1.tga +V +X +W320 +H200 \
+L/usr/local/lib/povray/include +FT +D

Thanks,
Boyd

        Boyd Faulkner            "The fates lead him who will;
   faulkner@asgard.bga.com       Him who won't, they drag."
http://asgard.bga.com/~faulkner  Old Roman Saying -- Source:  Joseph Campbell