Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:49:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libthr and 1:1 threading.

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Juli Mallett wrote:

> * De: Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net> [ Data: 2003-04-02 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: Re: libthr and 1:1 threading. ]
> > On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > > Also, any ETA on the per process signal mask handing bug in
> > > libthr?  Might not be safe to convert everything up front, in
> > > a rush of eager enthusiasm...
> >
> > Which bug is that?  I'm not aware of it.
>
> I think Terry is referring to the Uncertainty & Doubt as if it were
> a bug over the lack of a process sigmask (moved into the threads),
> as raised by the M:N group.

POSIX specifically says that the signal mask is per thread.  I'd be very
surprised if the 1:1 sigmask/sigpending stuff was wrong.  I don't think
signal handling in M:N has really been totally worked out.  Their concerns
were more like 'how do we do this given the new signal restructuring'

Perhaps I should start quoting posix.  I wonder what my legal rights
are given the copyright. hm..

Cheers,
Jeff