Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:24:18 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        nik@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default FDP docs installation directory?

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 03:06:12AM -0700, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
> Also, just to show that it's not only the title that gives out the
> impression that you are the one that's making decisions, here are some
> sentences from that mail of yours:
>
> ===
> Heads up, the FDP directory change should be happening this weekend.
>
> After talking with John Polstra, it was decided that the wholesale
> repository copies and moves within doc/ that I had originally
> requested were infeasible due to the scale of the request.  So we've
> changed how it's going to be done.
>  :
> At some point this weekend (to be decided by CVS Rep. Manager John Polstra)
> the doc/ repository will be frozen.  It will then be moved aside, and a
> new doc/ repository created.
>  :
>     And after comments from the Japanese Doc. Proj., the directory for
>     Japanese docs in the repository will be ja_JP.EUC-JP.
>  :
> ===
>
> This is a mail handing down decisions, not one asking for comments.

Satoshi, that message was sent after a month's worth of discussion, and
two prior posted plans.  I was under the impression that I was
documenting the consensus that had been reached during that discussion.
As events proved, my impression was wrong, and I was quick to correct
that when the Japanese team pointed it out.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>