Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:40:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kip Macy <kip@lyris.com>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using gdb with fork()

You need to detach from your current process and attach to the spawned
process. It might make it easier to attach in a timely fashion if you put
a 3 second sleep in right after the fork. This would all be easiest using
something like DDD where DDD will tell you what other processes are
running with the same name, and allow you to attach to them through the
GUI.

			-Kip