Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 14:34:36 -0800
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, www@freebsd.org, core@NetBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Related Operating System Projects

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:57:13 -0500 (EST)
 John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu> wrote:

 > I'd just like to point out that the sentence in question was
 > written at the branch point when the differences between the two
 > were trivial.  I, as the author of the sentence, deny any slimy
 > intent.

...as stated before, the insinuation is _not_ that it's a slimy
trick on FreeBSD's part at all.  It is, however, our feeling that
it's a slimy trick on OpenBSD's part.

 > However, the half-life of Truth on the Internet is pretty darn
 > short and if you think the statement reflects badly on NetBSD, I
 > have no objections to changing it.  Is it safe/acceptable to say
 > that (Free|Net|Open)BSD are all 4.4BSD derived and leave it at
 > that?  The respective web sites can provide their own accounts of
 > the "Truth".

That's fine with me; as long as NetBSD and OpenBSD are not associated
in any way.

Jason R. Thorpe
NetBSD Core Group
<thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>