Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 02:58:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Luke <lh@aus.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ide_pci.c

>>         I have the same problem, with the 2nd IDE not showing up, so here :)
>> I have an Acer Aladdin V chipset, the IDE chip is a 1543C. It also seems to
>> have a bizarre UDMA problem (at certain clocksettings , DMA for IDE breaks
>> ). I  have a list of the PCI clocks , if that would help.
>>

> Can you define "breaks" ?

        At many cpu clock settings, with DMA turned on, booting is fine, but as
soon as the device detection part is done, and rc I guess is being run, theres
a flood of DMA errors like (not 100% on this)
wd0: DMA failure DMA status 5<active>

I actually started trying to figure out ide_pci.c but its beyond my ability. I
think it is because the PCI clock is different for every cpu clock setting , I
have 2 mbs with this chipset, one only works set at 66mhz , one at 75mhz.
I could and would be willing to mess with this on my machine, and I have a list
of clock settings per cpu settings for this board. The only reason its annoying
is because I stuck 100mhz sdram in here and have to have it running at 66mhz. I
dont know if having it set to 100mhz would make any difference, its just the
fact that I cant do it that bugs me :)

---

E-Mail: Luke <lh@aus.org>
Sent by XFMail