Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:36:57 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        OCD Support <support@kawartha.com>, Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Apache ports

I've been fiddling with making much of the apache static modules as DSO.
This seems to work fine for most stuff (havn't tried fp, and mod_ssl
still needs patching of the apache sources). Hence, if removing the
separate ports for stuff that can be done as DSO, one gets down to three
apache ports pretty easily. It's better than now. Theese three could
then be put together somehow...

I have a working port for php, but it needs some cleaning up. One
problem is that it cannot depend on one single apache, since the
original apache install might be with ssl (apache or httpsd), with
frontpage or plain...

I can send it to you for review, or to gnats btw... have to tidy it up a
bit first.

/Palle