Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:49:50 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        chad@DCFinc.com
Cc:        Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Power Pack at CompUSA

"Chad R. Larson" wrote:

> I visited my closest CompUSA last night, and asked someone there to
> look up the Power Pack on their inventory computer.  He said it was
> a standard item, catagory A01.  Which means (the A part) each
> store is supposed to stock it and (the 01 part) the minimum quantity
> is one.  Price $49.95.
>
> I asked if they had one.  Nope, sold out.  Did any of the stores
> here in Phoenix have one.  More nope.  How about nation wide?  About
> 20 stores showed inventory.  The item went into the computer in
> June.  He said every store should have had at least one at that
> time.  I can only guess (and hope) that they all sold out like hotcakes,
> and someone in purchasing will notice and up the mininum stock count.
>
> In the meantime I asked them to order me one (which meant, order
> two).  I've already got the toolkit, and I subscribe to the release,
> so this was to update my copy of the book, and to throw some money
> at the project, and to encourage CompUSA in carrying FreeBSD
> products.  I think getting FreeBSD into distribution is the next big
> step in advicocy.

Do you have a URL for CompUSA? I tried doing a search and ended up
with what seemed like 200,000 people with gripe's.

I agree on the advocacy point. I can go into my local Costco Wholesale
place and purchase Win 98 and Red Hat Linux. They have shipping
pallets of them. A series of books that you can purchase in any book
store is also mandatory.

Kent

>         -crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
> chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net
> DCF, Inc. - 14623 North 49th Place, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254-2207

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ Home