Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 05:14:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Pawel <mleczko@v.pl>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   BRIDGE problem

Hi
I got a damn problem with BRIDGE. I enabled it in kernel and run it with:
sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1
It works fine but no longer after some minutes my system crashes.
When i add sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge_ipfw=1 it crashes almost
imidietly...

I dont know exacly what details you expect me to give you ( to diagnose
the problem).
I yust see this before automatic reboot:

Fatal trap 12:page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address - 0xc05b4000
fault code = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc001e3805
stack pointer = 0x10:0xc0231914
frame pointer = 0x10:0xc0231920
code segment = base 0x0 limit 0xfffff, type 0x16
processor eflags = interrupt enable, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = idle
interrupt mask = net tty
trap number = 12

panic: page fault .

Plese tell me where`s the problem. I tought it was something wrong with
my RAM or processor ... but i tried it on two different PC`s ( i yust
exchanged HDD ) so i guess thats not it.
My server must works as a bridge so i need it to work well.

Thank you for your fast help.