Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 96 15:11:38 PST
From:      William.Ying@ccgate.Barra.COM
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, beau@webmaster.com (Beau Giles)
Subject:   Re: "Reboot ... Reboot ... Reboot" - please add a subject

It could be helpful if you format the diskette and run rawrite.exe under real
MS-DOS.  The problem could be caused by using a DOS emulator ( like command
prompt from NT ).  Try to find a machine with real MS-DOS 6.22 and create the
boot diskette.  I am not sure if the command prompt from 95, OS/2 or even
IBM-DOS 6.3 will cause the problem.  Please let me know if anybody has that
experience.

- Bill -

Author:  beau@webmaster.com (Beau Giles) at UNIXGATE
Date:    6/26/96 2:20 PM

        A few days ago I sent a message to this mailbox concerning some
problems I am having installing FreeBSD on my 486.
This was may question:

The answer received from dwhtie@resnet.uoregon.edu was as follows:

>Sounds like a corrupted floppy.
>
>Here is my mantra of the week:
>
>1)  Did you use an ERROR-FREE floppy?
>2)  Did you ftp via BINARY mode?
>3)  Did you boot back to MS-DOS mode if running Win95?
>
>If any of these are "no", then rectify and try again.

All of these solutions failed to correct my problem.  Is there anything else
I can do to correct this problem?

                                                -- Beau Giles
                                                beau@webmaster.com