Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:20:52 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Editors in base FBSD

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:23:11AM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> I can't possibly think of a worse solution.  I've never seen a
> Microsoft-based telnet client that wasn't broken, the telnet protocol
> is insecure, and I've never seen a really good editor which runs under
> Microsoft.

...oh, long ago and far away there was an editor called "brief", which
achieved almost cult-status in it's day, it was very good, way ahead
of it's time, and if I recall correctly mind-bogglingly expensive...

I once also used an MS-DOS "version" of vi, it was somewhat less than
"featureful" ...

But this is talking of earlier happier days when people still used
DOS a lot and Windows was yet to stage it's bloody coup. In those days
some very creative people pushed DOS to it's limits, and wrote some
amazing programs for it. I remember programming in Clipper...is that
still alive and kicking ? I guess it was the tk/tcl of it's day.

--
Regards
Cliff