Date:      09 Feb 2001 22:57:19 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Paul A Scott <Pscott@cue.net>
Cc:        "'Bill Fumerola'" <billf@mu.org>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/24958: Fatal trap 12 in kernel mode (swapper) on Compaq  Presario

Paul A Scott <Pscott@cue.net> writes:
> > The PR database is _NOT_ an alternative method for
> > getting support.  It is our bug database.
> It is a useful tool for support whether intended or not.
> In ANY case, I'm reporting a bug. This problem should
> stay open until it's resolved. I will be happy to take
> an active role in solving the problem, and the mailing
> lists may be beneficial toward that goal, but a mailing
> list or not, it's still a bug.

It's *our* bug database. We reserve the right to close any bug report
which we don't consider useful. Your bug reports were, as I already
told you, barely a step above "it doesn't work". You did not consult
the mailing lists nor the FAQ before submitting your reports.

Please consult the appropriate mailing list(s) about your problems.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org