Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:53:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   video/mpegurl..

Hi, maybe its to special for the newsgroup, and its not specifically FBSD,
anyway:

I want to play with an video/mpegurl like thing in the lan, as there is
audio/mpegurl, m3u files for mp3. Lets call it the mgu file, containing
the URL of an mpg file.

BUT: I dont know any mpgplayer, that can read such "mgu" files. mtvp could
play any mpg file anywhere, mtvp http://bla/bla.mpg would be no problem.

Now: How can I write a shellscript, to make this possible anyway (and how
should I put this into my .mailcap file) ? Or does anybody know another
player that I should use ?

Maybe this "mgu" thing exist allready under another name, maybe it would
work with the realplayer somehow (grep -y mime * in the realplayer help
directory showed nothing but an audio/bla Type, maybe they organise their
Video in another way..), anyway, I want to try the "classical" way, ok ? ;-)

Sorry for my poor englisch..

Heiko