Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:45:29 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: premission denied executing a script

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 01:11:07PM -0500, RJ wrote:
> Thanks Ceri but, it didn't solve my problem.
> The script starts with "#!/usr/src/bin/sh" and I've tried changing it to
> "#!/bin/sh" (no quotes). The end result is still permission denied.
>=20
>  Does the system log what the script is trying to do? I can't find anythi=
ng
> so far.

Well, that depends on whether or not the author included logging
functionality - without seeing the script, it's hard to tell...

How about trying to run the script with xtrace turned on?

 # sh -x /the/script

It causes each command to be echoed to STDERR as it executes, and may
help you home in on the problem.

HTH

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \