Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 14:42:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        ronf1@ix.netcom.com (Ron Feigen)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!!! Critical FTP Network Install Problem

Hello.

Quoting from Ron Feigen (Thu Aug 24 04:12:41 1995):
> >The problem is that after I selected FTP for my media and fill out the net
> >config info
> >I get a message about not being able to resolve the hostname and asked to
> >check my
> >gateway/nameserver info.
> >
> >We installed a DOS based TCP/IP stack and ran netscape with the same setup
> >H/W so I know the H/W is good.  I asked two sys admins to double check
> >my configuration info and it checked out.

I had exactly the same problem and many people pointed me to the wrong
IRQ setting. Configuring the card as FreeBSD expects, or booting -c,
fixes any problem (at least, it did for me).

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1