Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:30:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      dedrick@dsl-117-e.resnet.purdue.edu
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/22906: soundcard problems

>Number:         22906
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       soundcard problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I just did CVSUP with to upgrade the latest stable kernel.
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4, in my CVSUP file.
I got FreeBSD 4.2-BETA.  I did not ever expect to be upgrading from stable
to Beta.

Now I have massive sound card problems.  Specifically, now kmp3 just dumps
core whenever run, and mpg123 is able to play one song, after which it says
"No supported rate found!"

What does this mean?  When I reboot the machine, I can again play one song,
then I get the "No supported rate found!" error again.

I am absolutely certain that the problem is in the kernel.  What's going on?
How could I ever get Beta stuff with CVSUP stable?

Thanks.