Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 04:02:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   clock / timer running very slow?

After upgrading 3.0-RELEASE to -stable I noticed various time related things
have been acting strange. Obviously one of the timers is running extremely
slow, since effects have been observed such as:

reported ping times are about 35 times shorter than actual values.
'date' increments at a rate of one or two seconds per minute.
'shutdown -r now' announces the shutdown about a minute later and
'reboot' seems to hang indefinitely requiring Ctrl-Alt-Del to sync the disks.

So I tried upgrading to 4.0-current and it still misbehaves in this way.
Is this a known problem? Any ideas?

This is an AMD K5-PR90 with VIA chipset, world compiled -O2 and kernel
compiled -O without options MATH_EMULATE or FAILSAFE if that makes any
difference.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>