Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:32:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Salt Lake City BSD Users Group]

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Wes Peters wrote:

> What help do we have to offer Mr. Santiago?  Is there a web page or a
> handbook section on "how to start a user group?"
>
> > Franchi Santiago wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I would like to form a BSD Users Group in Rosario, Argentina.
> > What can I do?
> > thanks
> > Santiago

Well, it would be very helpful for Mr. Santiago if he knew at least one
other person interested in BSD and forming a BUG, so they can get together
and pretend they are "a group" :-)

Seriously, he should set up a webpage containing information on the group
and BSD in general, offering help to new users, maybe including a
"forum"...
Another good thing would be setting up a mailing list, and even an IRC
channel can be useful.

Of course, he should think about a meeting of the group, but probably
there have to be members first.

lg,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                          eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
WWW-Redaktion                       Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)    Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien