Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 11:45:48 -0500
From:      "Bill Campbell" <campbb@d-e.pvt.k12.nj.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing name of workstation

I would like to change the name of the FreeBSD 2.0.5 workstation that
I'm currently managing.  As best I can tell, I only need to change
the hostname variable in the Netconfig section of the the
/etc/sysconfig file.  Is that really it?  It seems too easy.

The only non-straight-from-the-standard-install software that the box
is running is CERN-httpd.  (I do realize that I have to notify the
ISP keeping our site's DNS database of the new name.)

Currently I'm using the name that I picked when prompted for during
the FreeBSD install off of the CD so I've never changed it
"manually".

Thanks in advance.

- Bill

* Bill Campbell                   email: campbb@d-e.pvt.k12.nj.us
* Dwight-Englewood School         phone: 201-569-9500 ext 3206
* 315 E. Palisade Avenue
* Englewood, New Jersey  07631
* USA