Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:09:00 -0700
From:      Sean Page <Sean.Page@epsb.ca>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange behavior with scp

Hi,

I just upgraded 2 machines to 4.9p1 and one of them is displaying a rather
odd behavior.
When I try to scp a file from said machine, it shows the first line of the
fortune (the one you see if you, say, log into a shell on the machine) on
the client end and then it quits. No error is reported in /var/log/messages
or auth.log and no file is transferred.
Has anyone seen this before? I tried using the same sshd_config as the
working machine to no avail.

Thanks,
Sean.