Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 00:50:59 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@GNS.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with 2.5GIG HD

	I am running a 2.1.0 Release Box with a 2.1.6R Kernel (just installed).
	I am trying to setup two additional 2.5 Gig Caviar 32500 Western Digital Winchester.
	However, whenever I try to format any of them using the /stand/sysinstall utility with the bad scan option enabled I get the too many bad sectors errors at the end of the HD.
	The bad sectors start by the 2.0 Gig area.
	However, I was installing a production machine with a ftp installation disk from the 2.1.6 distribution where the main Hd was one of the same 2.5 Gig HD I could not format on my main box.
	The installation went smooth through the format and bad scan phases.
	Any suggestions of why this is happening besides telling me to reinstall my main box?
	This is a mission critical machine: It cannot be taken down without a very good reason.

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira.
	(lioux@gns.com.br)