Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:40:52 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd@fadesa.es
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg issues with audio

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:32:01 +0100
"José M. Fandiño" <freebsd@fadesa.es> wrote:

JMF> Thanks to the advice of Steve I can record from a bktr device,
JMF> but the success in recording isn't as good as it could be.

	Glad to be of help.

JMF> When I record with sound (don't mind that video/audio codec I use
JMF> mpeg1, msmpeg4, mpeg4) the cpu spends alot of time in system context

	I have seen this with ffmpeg 0.46 - but I always get decent
recordings at 25 fps so I assumed it was a reporting anomoly. It's
in the sound capture then ... that's a shame that code is all common
with Linux :(

	The ffmpeg045 port will indeed do a better job of not thrashing
the CPU, the 0.46 version does a better job of PTS timestamping so long
recordings keep better audio sync (perfect AFAICT in fact).

	I'll see if I can figure out what has gone wrong with the
audio capture in ffmpeg - first stop the sourceforge page for ffmpeg
for the CVS history.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun