Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jambi <jambi@nlanr.net>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        wjw@IAEhv.nl, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DTP SCSI RAID?

Thanx for  the info.
I'm also interested to know if
anyone knows whether I should get
better preformance under the following conditions:
My application write loads (in order of MB)
of data to disk.  It can go through the file system
or just write straight to disk.
While running some benchmarks I saw that
a cheap scsi quantom was getting better preformance
then a seagate cheeta!
This was on an adaptec 2940UW host.
I was going to switch to an IBM drive that out
do the cheeta, but was considering of
striping two disks to gain better speed.
Is this likely?
Does anyone have disk I/O
benchmarx anywhere?

  Thanx for the time,