Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:05:25 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: signature (was Re: copyright issues regarding FreeBSD

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:00:17PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
>=20
> Are we talking DeCSS?  I'm wearing it now (hey, it's one of my only white
> t-shirts, and I had to do a quick white load to tide me over to
> payday...).  Yes, I HAVE worn it in public, and yes, people have noticed
> it.  Mostly because it's in C (we used the Johansen css_auth.c code with a
> few things #define 'd to fit), but some actually knew what I was doing.
> The perl code is too new to have printed yet: it took us about 2 weeks to
> get our batch of css_auth shirts done, but YMMV.

I regularly wear my "No DVD-CCA" shirt with ccs-auth on the back (it's
the Copyleft shirt.)  It get's quite a few comments because it's got that
big crossed out dvd-cca on the front and every one knows what DVD is,
but they don't know about the copy control authority.  I like to ware
it when I've flying down to the office in LA.

-- Brooks

--=20

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--