Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:23:38 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   suggestion for the man pages: mount(8)

Dear FreeBSD doc'ers,

While I was having a look at the mount(8) man pages on my 3.4-S
system, two possible modifications came to mind:

<SUGGESTION I>
As to the BUGS section, the -u flag should be said to be dangerous
only when used in conjuction with the -f flag.

I may be wrong, but I seem to understand -- discussion in the
mailing lists -- that the -u flag *alone* does not normally
corrupt filesystems.

</SUGGESTION I>

<SUGGESTION II>

The description of the -a flag seems (to me) a bit complicated.
I was thinking about something simpler such as the following:

All the filesystems described in fstab(5) are mounted with the
exception of those marked as "noauto" and those already mounted. The
root filesystem, however, is always remounted to preserve traditional
single user mode behaviour. [Finally||further||moreover||...,]
filesystems specified via the -t flag and the "no" prefix are not
mounted, either (see below).

</SUGGESTION II>

I may not have chosen the best way/form/structure -- after all, I am
Italian -- but I feel that something in tune with SUGGESTION II will
make the description of the -a flag clearer and (probably) more
elegant.

I hope this can be of some help,
Salvo