Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:23:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        proot@horton.iaces.com (Paul T. Root)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP client?

> Hi all,
> 	What are the chances that FreeBSD will be able to support dhcp as
> a client, now or in the near future?

The reference implementation of DHCP from the Internet Software
Consortium should be pretty easy to bring up on FreeBSD.  How this
would link in to configuring your network interface(s) I haven't
explored.  The software is *very* portable, we managed to bring it up
on the VxWorks real-time OS in a couple of days.