Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 00:32:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        WELCHDW@wofford.edu (DAN WELCH)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: single uucp link

DAN WELCH wrote:

> I need some help to provide mail service on a single uucp line. I have the
> line working with uucp & uucico, and incoming mail (to fbsd) is delivered
> okay, but I'm having no luck getting it to go back the other way. What's
> the shortest way to get sendmail to place the mail where that one uucp
> caller can pick it up when it makes its deliveries?

As delivered, /etc/sendmail.cf does not know uucp.  The solution is
to go to /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf and roll your own .mc file.

here is part of mine... emory is my smart host.

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl

define(`SMART_HOST', `uucp-dom:emory')dnl

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl