Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 17:31:51 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux ABI/SDK standards for OpenGL/Mesa (fwd)

> > Nice Idea however wrong operating system. The losers should
> > have done it  for FreeBSD instead of linux.
> 2. Irrelevant (what gets done for Linux by XFree86 et all gets to FreeBSD
>    pretty quickly)

What gets done by XFree86 is not relevant . What is relevant in  the context
of developing an ABI/SDK for GL apps  is library compatibility in linux  and
we just went a few rounds in -multimedia about this issue  which in some
strange way is more relevant to that list than this one.

My previous posting was an instant knee jerk reaction which was very
hard to control. Got to exercise and train my knee a little bit better .

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com