Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:55:52 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Phiber 0ptik <maxsecure@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CDROM

Phiber 0ptik wrote:

> hello
>
> I was recently trying to install FreeBSD and ran into problems during the
> installation.  I booted from the CD ROM and then it spit this out at me:
>
> No CD_ROM device found
>
> I opened up the book and it had related problems, and the only one that
> applied to me was the ATAPI CD-ROm problem.
>
> The only thing it said to do was e-mail you, so here I am.

Ya! But you need to tell us something. For starters, a frequent
problem with the CDROM is one that is misconfigured, i.e., jumpered as
a slave on a single device setup. This violates the standard but many
systems are forgiving but FreeBSD isn't.

What are you trying to install and what kind of hardware do you have.
Then, someone from around the world might have a chance of providing
you with some insight into your problem.

Kent

> Thanks a bunch

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA