Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 22:30:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Max data segment size

As David Greenman wrote:

>    There isn't any problem with increasing these limits as long as
> you realize that it will allow users to more easily spam the system
> by consuming all of the swapspace. They could probably do this,
> anyway, however.

There's already the concept of rlimits for this.  Hopefully, we will
come up with a clone of BSD/OS' user classes some day.

>    ...anyway, there isn't any problem with page tables or anything like that.

Hmm, not even more wasted memory that could stomp one someone's toes
when running in 2 MB :) RAM only?  In this case, i'd vote for bumping
the default hard limits.

--
cheers, J"org