Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:45:38 -0500
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>, "Sean McAfee" <smcafee@collaborativefusion.com>
Subject:   Re: PERC5 (LSI MegaSAS) Patrol Read crashes

Hello,

I'm just wondering, was this ever resolved? I was about to start using
new 2950 with Perc5 in it, but now I'm afraid to as I cannot afford
downtime. Why this is still a linux hack is beyond me. The way Dell
is doing, they ought to have a port specifically for FreeBSD

If I disable PR altogether (not sure if this is possible, yet), although I
don't see why it wouldn't be, would the mentioned problem go away?

Thank you,
Simon