Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:59:21 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        Henk Wevers <henk@home.cg.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Downgrading with cvsup?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 05:25:41PM +0100, Henk Wevers wrote:
> How can i downgrade to 4.2-STABLE with cvsup?
> Jail and Dummynet are not working correct in 4.3-BETA.
> I did see a date= function in man cvsup, but how to use it?
>
> I want to ga back to the beginning of Februari, than jail and dummynet
> did work correctly.

From man cvsup(1)
     date=[cc]yy.mm.dd.hh.mm.ss
                 This specifies a date that should be used to select the revi-
                 sions that are checked out from the CVS repository.  The
                 client will receive the revisions that were in effect at the
                 specified date and time.

                 At present, the date format is inflexible.  All 17 or 19
                 characters must be specified, exactly as shown.  For the
                 years 2000 and beyond, specify the century cc. For earlier
                 years, specify only the last two digits yy. Dates and times
                 are considered to be GMT.  The default date is `.', which
                 means ``as late as possible''.

It means that date must be
1) in GMT
2) 01.01.01.00.00.00 - 00 hours 00 mins 00 secs at 1st Jan of 2001
3) at your cvsupfile u must say:

 *default tag=RELENG_4 date=01.01.01.00.00.00

it means get sources from RELENG_4 at 1st Jan of 2001 00.00.00
Please undertsand that date in GMT(!!!) format.

--

Rgdz,                                /"\
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,               \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN