Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:21:11 -0400
From:      ANTIGEN_EXCDMZ5 <ANTIGEN_EXCDMZ5@CINFIN.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Antigen forwarded attachment

------_=_NextPart_000_01C386B6.75C10FE4

The entire message "Sil680 RAID Support while installing 5.1-Release",
originally sent to you by owner-freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
(owner-freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org), has been forwarded to you from the
Antigen Quarantine area.
This message may have been re-scanned by Antigen and handled according to
the appropriate scan job's settings.

------_=_NextPart_000_01C386B6.75C10FE4

From: "owner-freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org"
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject: Sil680 RAID Support while installing 5.1-Release
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:21:11 -0400

I just purchased a Sil680 IDE RAID controller, and have setup
a striped RAID array.  When I boot from the 5.1 installation
CD-ROM, FreeBSD does not recognize them as one disk.  I
checked the hardware notes, and "Sil680 UDMA6" is listed.
Seeing Sil680 listed, I assumed that the RAID capabilities
would also be supported.  I read something posted awhile back
referring to the Sil680 controller, saying it was supported,
but dangerous unless using 5.1-Current.  Does anybody know
anything about the current status of this?  Is there anyway to
get the FreeBSD installation to recognize my RAID array, or
should I just buy another controller?

Thanks,

Travis Troyer