Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 11:21:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Stephen D. Spencer" <bsd-stable@boneyard.lawrence.ks.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should IPFilter be pulled from FreeBSD as well

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:44:15 -0500
> From: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@veldy.net>
> To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Should IPFilter be pulled from FreeBSD as well
>
> Nothing in that article has convinced me that FreeBSD developers can change
> the source at their will and distribute it -- according to the IPFilter
> licence.  That right should be implicit in ALL FreeBSD system level source
> code.

I believe the core team's policy on any contributed software
(/usr/src/contrib) is that it can be updated by or directly from the vendor's
source tree, but it will not be modified by the freebsd team directly.
Your fear regarding this matter is unfounded.

for example...
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=12801

Stephen Spencer |