Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:20:28 -0600
From:      Andy Hochhaus <hochhaus@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add -r gimp fails

Hello,

I am a convert from debian trying to install the gimp package from the
Internet. However my installation attempt fails with the following
output:

d0a1fb53# pkg_add -r gimp
Error: FTP Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest/gimp.tbz:
File name not allowed
pkg_add: unable to fetch
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest/gimp.tbz'
by URL

I was able to install the package using ports with the following commands:

d0a1fb53# cd /usr/ports/graphics/gimp
d0a1fb53# make install clean

What am I doing wrong when trying to install the package?

Thanks,
Andy