Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 18:08:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dwhite@pond.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/11852: 3.X install requires 12MB of RAM, not 8

>Number:         11852
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       3.X install requires 12MB of RAM, not 8
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The RAM requirements for FreeBSD installation have subtly increased since the inclusion of the second floppy.  Most of our documentation says that 8MB is required, while experimentation shows that 12MB is needed.  Signs that you have less than 12MB installed include system lockups when installing (esp. during the extraction phase).
>How-To-Repeat:
Install 3.1 or 3.2 on a machine with 8MB of RAM.
>Fix:
Fix afflicted documentation.

I found one reference in the Handbook's installation section.  I'm not aware of any in the FAQ or other docs, but consider this a HEADS-UP to fix such documentation.

If there's no objections I can fix the handbook reference.