Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:36:12 -0700
From:      Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
To:        Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: compiling sound support for intel 810 integrate chipset

On Monday 15 October 2001 12:23 am, Rohit Panda wrote:
> iam trying to compile audio support in my 4.3 release FreeBSD.Iam having an
> intel 810 integrated chipset with built in sound support.

I installed 4.4 on an HP Pavilion with an 810 chipset, no problems
whatsoever. Just the basic 'device pcm' in the kernel was all it took. I have
heard that there is quite a bit of variation in the 810 family however.

Carefully examine the boot messages for any PCM entries. If the driver truely
isn't loading, it probably doesn't recognize the audio chip. Look for any
unknown PCI devices and compare them to the lists at
http://www.yourvote.com/pci/. This will make sure you really have an 810.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC